The Tennessee Boys & Girls Clubs Hall of Fame is open to any individual that has provided exceptional service to a Boys & Girls Club(s) in Tennessee. This could be from Club membership, board or volunteer service or service in any manner that directly benefitted a Tennessee Club or Clubs. A maximum of 6 people will be inducted in 2018 and only one inductee per organization. We currently have 42 members that have been enshrined into our Hall of Fame during the last seven years. Applications are due by, April 2, 2018 and local Clubs will be notified by May 1, 2017 to enable them to make plans to attend the fall Tennessee Area Council meeting. Inductees will receive two tickets to the enshrinement ceremony and can purchase additional tickets for guests to attend the ceremony. The inductees or the respective Club/Organization will be responsible for providing the information that will be put in the program and pictures for the HOF display. This information is required to be sent in as a word document and pictures can be scanned in and must be sent as a jpeg (NO PDF’s). You are encouraged to send 4-5 color pictures (one profile picture in business attire) of the candidate in action with the Boys & Girls Club kids or at a special event. Those who are not selected will stay in the pool for three years or until the submission is pulled by the nominating organization. Inductees must be present to be enshrined in the Hall of Fame, unless the applicant has passed away.
The objectives for enshrinement into the Tennessee Boys & Girls Clubs Hall of Fame include the following and all work must have taken place in or on behalf of a Tennessee Club:
• Contribution to Boys & Girls Club movement as a body of work. (This would include local, state & national)
• Belong to, volunteered or worked at a Tennessee Club.
• No age limit, but years involvement is important
• Other service to the community. (Civic clubs, church, schools, etc)
• Other honors received. (Local, state or national both BGC and other)
• Nominee will only be inducted if the person is able to be present at the TAC. (No exceptions, unless a deceased person is nominated)
• Other comments to consider. (Additional info to be provided by the nom. organization).
• Provide a one page biography to be included in the HOF Program. REQUIRED
There is no fee to submit an application for Tennessee Boys & Girls Clubs Hall of Fame for the class of 2018. However, if your nominee is chosen a fee of $300 will be needed for your nomination fee, dinner for two for the event and a full page ad in the HOF program. Checks need to be made out to the: Tennessee Area Council and must be submitted by no later June 1, 2018. If the application is not chosen to the HOF, he/she can stay in the pool for 3 years. The Club/Organization may also withdraw an application at any time. In relation to the event, the event will have a program for the HOF ceremony and a website link on www.bgctn.org . The 2018 event will take place during the Tennessee Area Council /Tennessee Alliance and CBO meeting that will be held on Thursday, September 20, 2018 in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.